Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Spiritual Practices and the Franciscan Spirituality of the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother

In being asked the question how the spiritual practices and the Franciscan spirituality affected her life as a new member of the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother, Sister M. Monica Baneschi, of our Italian Region,  who made first vows in 2008, wrote:

             Franciscan Spiritual was fundamental for me
            to live my faith more joyfully,
            long before I entered the congregation.
            During my novitiate in Assisi,
 I had the grace to immerse myself
in the places of Francis and Clare
and to “absorb” their charism
by the living testimony
 of their current spiritual children.
The study the Franciscan Sources
and the Third Order Rule
was very important to help me 
to get closer to the heart and the faith
of Francis. His style of praying has also
greatly impacted my way to pray.
Through the study and testimony
of brothers and sisters who follow
in the footsteps of Francis
to reach Christ, I learned to love
this spirituality ever more
and I desire to be guided by it
throughout my consecrated life.
My desire and commitment in
my daily life is to be able to
incarnate the Franciscan simplicity,
joy, community and gratitude
for all the gifts I received.

What a witness Sister M. Monica is to the gift of the Franciscan charism.




No comments:

Post a Comment