Friday, August 12, 2011

Seeing God at work

This past week the three of us Sisters at Our Lady of Sorrows Convent hosted a retreatant from Grenada. She requested three days apart with the Lord and was truly blessed.  When I said "yes, I would direct her", I was nervous, as is a teacher on the first day of school. Directing a retreatant is an awesome task, as it requires faith in the Holy Spirit directing the retreatant and in the Spirit guiding the director.  The retreatant was overwhelmed by how God worked in her life during the three-day experience. Needless to say, so was I, her retreat director.  Each day I met with her for about an hour, listened to how God spoke to her in the assigned Scriptures and in the solitude of the day and then reassigned other passages for prayerful reflection. As always, I was awed by the power of the Spirit in the lives of those who are willing to set time aside just to focus on the Lord, to listen to His Word, and walk in the quiet of His presence throughout the day.  Truly, as Scripture says, "those who sow bountifully will reap bountifully."

No comments:

Post a Comment